Ada Mae Carnes, 87, of French Lick, Indiana, entered into eternal rest on July 13th, 2023 at IU Health in Paoli, Indiana.
She was born in Orange County, Indiana on September 12th, 1935 to Clarence and Ices (Moffatt) Knight.
Ada married Elwood Carnes, Jr. on March 21st, 1953 and he preceded her in death on November 18th, 2014.
She was also preceded in death by her parents.
Ada was a 1952 graduate of West Baden High School, had worked at Medco as a cook, and was a member of the Red Quarry Christian Church.
Ada always loved being in the kitchen cooking for her kids and grandkids, and gardening with Elwood.
Ada is survived by:
(2) Daughters – Marcia (Danny) Land of French Lick, Indiana
Kathy (Roger) Cave of French Lick, Indiana
(1) Brother – Clarence Duane Knight of Dubois, Indiana
(1) Sister – Betty Kerns of French Lick, Indiana
(1) Brother-in-Law – Wayne (Elsie) Carnes of West Baden Springs, Indiana
(4) Grandchildren – Matt (Carla) Land, Kari Land, Shanna (John) Parker and Martina Cave
(6) Great-Grandchildren – Michael (Lauren) Mosher, Matt (Whitney) Mosher, Alex (Kelton) Allen,
Brooke (Dylan) Parker, Abby (Zach) Kaiser, and Jaxson Reynolds.
(3) Great-Great Grandchildren – Evelyn and Mia Mosher and Samuel Allen
Several Nieces and Nephews
A Funeral Ceremony will be conducted by Brother Joe Crow on Friday, July 14th, 2023 at 2:00 p.m. at Brosmer-Kemple Funeral Home with burial to follow at Mount Lebanon Cemetery.
Visitation will be on Friday, July 14th, 2023 from 11:00 a.m. until the time of service at the funeral home.
The family requests memorial contributions be made to Red Quarry Christian Church, 10908 County Rd 25 N, French Lick, IN 47432.
Arrangements are in the care of Brosmer-Kemple Funeral Home in French Lick, Indiana 47432. Condolences may be made on our Facebook page at Brosmer-Kemple Funeral Home or at our website – www.brosmer-kemplefuneralhome.com.