Alene Craft, 79, of French Lick, Indiana, entered into eternal rest on September 27th, 2022 at Memorial Hospital and Healthcare Center in Jasper, Indiana.
She was born in Letcher County, Kentucky on January 26th, 1943 to Alonzo and Lettie (Combs) Hall.
Alene married Earl Craft and he preceded her in death on August 17th, 1974.
She was also preceded in death by her Parents; Infant Brother – McArthur Hall; Infant Sister – Olgia Lee Hall;
(2) Brothers – Harold “Red Fuzz” Hall and Charles Edward “Bear” Hall; (1) Sister – Gary Dean Hall; and
(1) Grandson – Billy Joe Craft.
Alene was of the Baptist faith and had worked at A.O. Smith, Essex, the Shoe Factory, Crane NSWC and various retail and restaurant jobs.
She enjoyed square dancing, music, walking, exercising, playing bingo, going to the casino, and spending time with family.
Alene is survived by:
(1) Son – Quentin Craft (Cheryl Bledsoe) of French Lick, Indiana
(2) Daughters – Joyce Wells (Tracy) of Bedford, Indiana
Beverly Weikert (Tom) of French Lick, Indiana
(2) Brothers – Parnell Hall of Decatur, Georgia
Roger Hall of Lexington, Kentucky
(1) Sister – Clara Jo Lucas of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
(5) Grandchildren – Cathy, Jessica, Jason, Reyna and Sheridan
(8) Great-Grandchildren – Kyra, Jonah, Kyra, Timberlyn, Braxton, Kaiden, Khristian and Nevaeh
(1) Great-Great-Granddaughter - Arabella
A Graveside Ceremony will be conducted by Pastor John Moffatt on Wednesday, October 5th, 2022 at 10:00 a.m. at Spring Hill Cemetery in Shoals, Indiana.
Visitation for family and friends will be on Tuesday, October 4th, 2022 from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. at
Brosmer-Kemple Funeral Home.
The family requests memorial contributions be made to the Spring Hill Cemetery Fund, c/o Town of Shoals,
221 Low Street, Shoals, IN 47581.
Arrangements are in the care of Brosmer-Kemple Funeral Home in French Lick, Indiana 47432. Condolences may be made on our Facebook page at Brosmer-Kemple Funeral Home or at our website – www.brosmer-kemplefuneralhome.com.