Alma Ruth (Meehan) Abel, age 91, of French Lick, Indiana, entered into eternal rest on May 6th, 2021 at
Springs Valley Meadows, French Lick, Indiana.
She was born in Orange County, Indiana on November 30th, 1929 to John Edward and Myrtle Rose (Dickens) Meehan.
Alma married Donald McClellan Abel on January 6th, 1949 and he preceded her in death.
She was also preceded in death by her Parents; (5) Brothers – Carl, John, David, Thomas and infant Louis Meehan;
(5) Sisters – Pauline White, Leona Brewer, Lorene Reynolds, Vera Blevins and infant Wilma Meehan.
Alma was a member of Our Lady of the Springs Catholic Church and had worked at the Shoe Factory in French Lick, Sheraton Hotel in housekeeping, and Medco Health and Rehabilitation as a nurse’s aide.
She enjoyed working in her flower garden.
Alma is survived by:
(2) Sons David Abel (Hermi) of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Phillip Abel of Newport, Tennessee
(2) Daughters Linda Smith (Michael) of Bedford, Indiana
Leah Bledsoe (David) of French Lick, Indiana
(1) Brother Paul Meehan of French Lick, Indiana
(1) Sister Thelma Brown (Robert) of West Baden Springs, Indiana
(2) Grandchildren Davey Bledsoe (Jami) of French Lick, Indiana
Phillip B. Abel of Nashville, Tennessee
(2) Great-Grandchildren Aubrey and Brack Bledsoe
PRIVATE GRAVESIDE CEREMONY
A Private Graveside Ceremony will be held at Bond Chapel Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers memorial contributions can be made to Bonds Chapel Cemetery Association, c/o Wilbur Bennett,
6893 N. County Rd 975W, West Baden Springs, IN 47469.
Arrangements are in the care of Brosmer-Kemple Funeral Service in French Lick, Indiana 47432. Condolences may be made on our Facebook page at Brosmer-Kemple Funeral Home or at our website – www.brosmer-kemplefuneralhome.com.