Carl Seals, 79 years young, of West Baden Springs, Indiana entered into eternal rest on June 14th, 2016 at his residence.
He was born in West Baden Springs on May 23rd, 1937 to Fred and Alice Lettie (Love) Seals.
Carl married his 1st wife, Norma Jean Stevens on March 28th, 1959 and she preceded him in death on June 5th, 1998. In 2000 he married Kathryn Craighead and she survives.
He was also preceded in death by his parents and (7) Brothers and Sisters.
Carl was employed at Smithville Telephone Company and retired after 43 years of service. He graduated from West Baden Springs High School with the Class of 1956, he had been a volunteer for the French Lick Fire Department, enjoyed volunteering at the French Lick West Baden Museum, was a lifelong member of the Beechwood Christian Church and also enjoyed serving the citizens of Springs Valley by serving on the Springs Valley Water Board and the West Baden Springs Planning Commission.
He was an avid supporter of his childrenâs activities and always enjoyed helping with little league. Carl loved hunting and fishing, mowing and caring for his yard and playing golf with Kathryn and his buddy, the late Ed Kerns. He also cherished his time spent with his grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
He is survived by:
Wife Kathryn (Craighead) Seals West Baden Springs, Indiana
(2) Sons Jeff Seals (Sandy) Bedford, Virginia
Darren Seals (Michelle) Winston Salem, North Carolina
(1) Step-son Kevin Turpin Pleasantville, Indiana
(1) Daughter Lisa Reese (Roger) Greenwood, Indiana
(1) Step-Daughter Kelsie Delong (Vaughn) Springville, Indiana
(1) Brother Frank Seals Carmel, Indiana
(1) Sister Norma Jean Davis Las Vegas, Nevada
(8) Grandchildren Cathy Adams (John), Mary Seals, Jeffery Seals, Devon Conway (Colin), Austin Reese,
Erin Lewis (Jason), Charlie Seals and Landon Seals
(3) Step-Grandchildren April Turpin, Coy Hurley (Kim) and Kathryn Lewis (Jordan)
(4) Great-Grandchildren Hailee Reese, Ryker Conway, Morgan Lewis and Reid Lewis
(3) Step-Great-Grandchildren Enon Lewis, Roman Lewis and Jacob Hurley
Carl is also survived by several nieces/nephews and great nieces/nephews including Sondra Busick who was like a sister.
Friends may call from 4:00 â 7:00 p.m. on Friday, June 17th, 2016 at the Brosmer-Kemple Chapel. Cremation was chosen and a private burial will be held at a later date.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorial contributions be made to the Moores Ridge Cemetery Fund, 3109 S. County Road 500 West, French Lick, Indiana 47432.
Arrangements are in the care of Brosmer-Kemple Funeral Service, French Lick, Indiana. 47432. Condolences may be made on our Facebook page at Brosmer-Kemple Funeral Home or at our website â www.brosmer-kemplefuneralhome.com.