Karen Sue Henson, 75 years young, West Baden Springs, Indiana entered into eternal rest on March 12th, 2017 at Baptist Health Floyd in New Albany, Indiana.
She was born in Paoli, Indiana on January 15th, 1942 to William Roberts, Jr. and Virginia (Compton) Roberts.
Karen married Dow Henson on March 21st, 1981 and he preceded her in death on June 11th, 2014.
She was also preceded in death by her parents, (1) Sister â Beverly Jean Wood, (1) Â½ Brother â Danny Joe Roberts and (1) Step-Daughter â Lana Purlee.
Karen graduated from Paoli High School with the Class of 1961. She held numerous jobs throughout her life in Orange County including but not limited to being a stay at home mother to take care of and raise her children. After marrying Dow, Karen and Dow co-owned and ran The Villager Restaurant in West Baden Springs for over 30 years. In her spare time, she loved to play golf with friends.
She is survived by:
(2) Sons William Steven Reynolds West Baden Springs, Indiana
Michael Wade Reynolds West Baden Springs, Indiana
(1) Daughter Regina Lynn Moloy Port Aransas, Texas
(1) Step-Daughter Leah Bradford Dallas, Texas
(1) Â½ Brother Michael Roberts Lafayette, Indiana
(1) Brother-in-law Roy Wood Orleans, Indiana
(4) Â½ Brothers James Compton French Lick, Indiana
Howard Compton Paoli, Indiana
Ronnie Compton Paoli, Indiana
Larry R. Compton Paoli, Indiana
(8) Â½ Sisters Barbara Phillips Paoli, Indiana
Mary Jane Compton Paoli, Indiana
Margie Morgan Bedford, Indiana
Patricia Tuell French Lick, Indiana
Sandra Asberry Orleans, Indiana
Judy Bunch Cleveland, Ohio
Lori Compton Paoli, Indiana
Tammy Burton Mitchell, Indiana
(7) Grandchildren Tyler Reynolds, Samuel Reynolds, Daniel Reynolds, Nicholas Land, James Cameron Land, Patrick Thedford and Joshua Wade Reynolds
(4) Step-Grandchildren (6) Great-Grandchildren (8) Step-Great-Grandchildren
The Funeral Ceremony will be conducted by Pastor Claude Lagenour on Thursday, March 16th, 2017 at 11:00 a.m. at the Brosmer-Kemple Chapel. Burial will follow at the Ames Chapel Cemetery in Paoli, Indiana.
Friends may call on Wednesday, March 15th, 2017 from 5:00 â 8:00 p.m. at the Brosmer-Kemple Chapel and again on Thursday from 10:00 a.m. until the time of service.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorial contributions be made in Memory of Karen Sue Henson to Springs Valley Education Fund, C/O The Orange County Community Foundation, 1075 North Sandy Hook Road, Suite 2, Paoli, Indiana 47454.
Arrangements are in the care of Brosmer-Kemple Funeral Service, 9640 W. State Rd. 56 French Lick, In. 47432. Condolences may be made on our Facebook page at Brosmer-Kemple Funeral Home or at our website â www.brosmer-kemplefuneralhome.com.