Magdalene "Maggie" Jones Johnson, age 81, of French Lick, Indiana, entered into eternal rest on October 8th, 2021 at Garden Villa, Bedford, Indiana.
She was born in Manchester, Kentucky on September 30th, 1940 to Chester and Alberta (Hubbard) Jones.
Maggie was preceded in death by her parents, (1) Son – Bert O. Smith, (2) Brothers – Edward Jones, Luther Jones; (1) Sister – Arie Shelton and (1) Great-Great Grandson – Ares Alspaugh.
She was a member of the Springs Valley Wesleyan Church and enjoyed fishing and camping. Maggie retired as a server from Jerry’s Restaurant in London, Kentucky and also Jasper, Indiana.
Maggie is survived by:
(3) Sons - Robert M. Smith of French Lick, Indiana, Bill Smith (Reta) of French Lick, Indiana and Chester Smith (Penny) of London, Kentucky
(1) Daughter - Rosie Ashby of French Lick, Indiana
(3) Brothers - Robert Jones (Gayle) of Duncan, Oklahoma, Preston Jones of Hamilton, Ohio and Alvin Bradley (Vickie) of Berea, Kentucky
(5) Sisters - Ruby Jones (Arnold) of Berea, Kentucky, Ethel McKinney of Berea, Kentucky, Lois Lear (Willie) of Berea, Kentucky, Fern Holland of Scottsburg, Indiana and Mary Howard (Dorse) of Hamilton, Ohio
(15) Grandchildren - Sondra Phillips, Priscilla Rose, Karla Clouse, Tresea Alspaugh, Morgan Smith, Robert Holt (Rachel), Chester Dwayne Smith, Jerry Adam Smith,
Jeremy Smith (Emily), Jamie Smith (Brooke), Madison K. Smith, Marsha, Amanda, Michael and Johnny.
(16) Great-Grandchildren - Nicole, Courtney, Michael, Hannah, Brittany Rose, Brandon, Braeden, Bridgette, Breanna, Nicholas, Austin, Whitney, Sebastian, Xavier, Kevin Holt and Kennedy
(4) Great-Great-Grandchildren - Carter, Nelson, Aiden and Chloe
A Funeral Ceremony will be conducted by Pastor John Moffatt at 11:00 a.m. on Tuesday, October 12th, 2021 at Brosmer-Kemple Funeral Home, French Lick, Indiana with burial to follow in Mount Lebanon Cemetery.
Visitation for friends will be held from 5:00-8:00 p.m. on Monday, October 11th, 2021 and 10:00 a.m. until the time of service on Tuesday at the funeral home.
Due to the Coronavirus, we ask that all guests wear masks and practice social distancing (6 feet or more). Thank you for your cooperation.
Arrangements are in the care of Brosmer-Kemple Funeral Home 9640 W. State Rd. 56 French Lick, In. 47432. Condolences may be made on our Facebook page at Brosmer-Kemple Funeral Home or our website – www.brosmer-kemplefuneralhome.com.