Melchior G. (Mac) Kalb, 92 of Shoals, Indiana passed away on Thursday, April 2nd, 2015 at his Lost River Township home. He was born on February 26, 1923 in Martin County, Indiana to the late Conrad and Isabel (Simmons) Kalb.
He was preceded in death by (2) Brothers - Roger Keith and Marvin Kalb, (2) Sisters - Elaine Stetler and Iris (Eugene) Brown.
He was a U.S. Navy veteran of WWII, serving on the USS Cowanesque.
He was a lifelong farmer, former Lost River trustee, and served as President of the Shoals School Board. He was also a former Grange and American Legion member. He enjoyed playing cards, fishing and mushroom hunting.
He is survived by
(3) Daughters Rita (Don) Gingerich of Gratiot, OH
Peggy Kalb of Loogootee, IN
Carol Kalb and spouse Cliff Rahman of Princeton, IN
(1) Brother Conrad Dale Kalb of Loogootee, IN
(3) Stepsons Gary, Jeff and Terry Sherman of Dubois County, IN
(1) Grandson Stephen (Carla) Smith, Jr., Loogootee, IN
(2) Granddaughters Wendy Smith of Laguna Hills, CA
Tami (Chris) Lighthizer of Zanesville, OH
(4) Great Grandchildren Chad (Mindy) Lighthizer, Morgan Jones, Isabel and Lucy Smith
(2) Great Great-Grandchildren Jace and Makenna Lighthizer
(4) Step Grandchildren (4) Step Great grandchildren
Caretaker Gerry Kalb of Shoals, Indiana
Visitation will be from 11:00 AM â 1:00 PM on Monday, April 6th, 2015 at the Brosmer-Kemple Funeral Home. A graveside service will follow at the Cuzco Cemetery in Cuzco, Indiana.
Bro. Randy Stevens will officiate.
Burial will be in the Cuzco Cemetery in Cuzco, Indiana.
Arrangements are in the care of Brosmer-Kemple Funeral Home 9640 W. State Rd. 56 French Lick, In. 47432.
Condolences may be made on our Facebook page at Brosmer-Kemple Funeral Home or at our website â www.brosmer-kemplefuneralhome.com.