Sergeant First Class (Retired) Steven Lee Wininger, age 70, of French Lick, Indiana, entered into eternal rest on March 28th, 2022 at his residence.
He was born in Orange County, Indiana on April 9th, 1951 to Gerald “Red” Wininger and Mary “Bonnie” (Jones) Wininger.
Steven married Donna Combs on April 2nd, 1970 and she survives.
He was preceded in death by his parents, (1) Brother – Gordon Wininger, and (1) Sister – Vickie J. Hatfield.
Steven was a 1969 graduate of Springs Valley High School, proudly served his country in the United States Marine Corps, where he served in Vietnam and further served in the United States Army where he retired.
He was a member of the French Lick American Legion Post 76 and lifetime member of the Paoli VFW.
Steven had been employed with DE Qualkenbush and as a Transportation Supervisor for French Lick Resort.
He enjoyed riding his motorcycle, target practice shooting, and spending time with family.
Steven is survived by:
Wife - Donna C. Wininger of French Lick, Indiana
(1) Son - Steven Lee Wininger, II (Rhonda) of Jasper, Indiana
(1) Daughter - Lisa Lynn Cornett (Casey) of French Lick, Indiana
(2) Brothers - Ricky D. Wininger (Sherrie) of French Lick, Indiana
Jerry W. Wininger of French Lick, Indiana
(1) Sister - Sherry Stackhouse of West Baden Springs, Indiana
(5) Grandchildren - Chase Lee Wininger (Kennedee), Lucas Allen Wininger, Tyler Houston Tooley (Christina), Natascha Chantal Tooley (Jared Wells) and Kody Lee Tooley.
(2) Great-Grandchildren – Addison Grace Tooley and Kaysen James Wells
(1) Step-Grandson - Jamie Van Winkle
(1) Step-Granddaughter - Jessica Van Winkle
A Funeral Ceremony will be conducted by Pastor John Moffatt on Friday, April 1st, 2022 at 4:00 p.m. at Brosmer-Kemple Funeral Home. Military Rites will be accorded by the Indiana National Guard Military Funeral Honors.
Visitation for friends will be Friday, April 1st, 2022 from 1:00 p.m. until the time of service at the funeral home.
Arrangements are in the care of Brosmer-Kemple Funeral Home, French Lick, Indiana. 47432. Condolences may be made on our Facebook page at Brosmer-Kemple Funeral Home or at our website – www.brosmer-kemplefuneralhome.com.