Winston Ray “Purk” Purkhiser, age 79, of French Lick, Indiana entered into eternal rest on October 11th, 2021.
He was born in Martin County, Indiana on Friday, December 5th, 1941, to Harry E. Purkhiser Jr. and Vera “Gwennie” (Jones) Purkhiser.
Ray married Eva Sue Tarr on July 2nd, 1960 and she preceded him in death on October 19th, 2009. He married Paulette Bundy on June 22nd, 2013 and she survives.
He was also preceded in death by his parents, (1) Daughter – Lisa Kay Purkhiser and (1) Sister – Brenda Kay Emmons.
Ray graduated from Springs Valley with the Class of 1960. He attended Moores Ridge United Methodist Church and is of the United Methodist Faith. Ray was also a member of the Emmaus Community, a Past Master of French Lick Masonic Lodge #586 and a member of the Newton Stewart Masonic Lodge #432.
He retired on July 3rd, 1998 from Crane Army Ammunition Activity with 35 years of Federal Service.
Ray is survived by:
Wife Paulette Purkhiser French Lick, Indiana
(3) Daughters Sherri Horton (Don) Jasper, Indiana
Pamela Dixon (Michael) French Lick, Indiana
Amanda Parsons (Ron) French Lick, Indiana
(1) Step-Daughter Allison McKenna (Shawn) Paoli, Indiana
(5) Grandchildren Matt Dalton (Whitney), Kylyn Dixon (Alexis), Nick Dixon (Fran), Harley Parsons (KatLynn), Sam Parsons (Lucy)
(6) Great-Grandchildren Eli Dalton, Luke Dalton, Madyx Sue Dixon, Anika Dixon, EverLynn Parsons, Mila Parsons and (1) on the way.
(3) Step-Grandchildren Jeremy Horton (Jayme), Beth Horton, Morgan Fleetwood (TJ)
(6) Step-Great-Grandchildren Elijah Horton, Xavier Horton, Justin Clark, Preston Fleetwood, Gage Fleetwood and Zane Fleetwood
Several Nephews, (1) Niece, Step-Grandchildren and Step-Great-Grandchildren also survive.
A Funeral Ceremony will be conducted by Pastor Rodney Shelton at the Brosmer-Kemple Funeral Home at 11:00 a.m. on Tuesday, October 19th, 2021 with burial to follow at Ames Chapel Cemetery.
Friends may call and pay their respects on Monday, October 18th, 2021 from 4:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. at Brosmer-Kemple Funeral Home. A Masonic Memorial Service will be conducted by the Newton-Stewart Masonic Lodge at 7:00 p.m. on Monday, October 18th.
If anyone wishes to make memorial contributions, the family requests they be made to the Ames Chapel Cemetery Fund, C/O Ryan Barwe, 6487 W. County Rd 175S, French Lick, IN 47432.
Arrangements are in the care of Brosmer-Kemple Funeral Service in French Lick, Indiana 47432. Condolences may be made on our Facebook page at Brosmer-Kemple Funeral Home or at our website – www.brosmer-kemplefuneralhome.com.